Thursday, January 22, 2009

I would die for that...

This is so touching! The first ever song about infertility that I heard.

Sometimes it's hard to conceive,
With all that I've got,
And all I've achieved,
What I want most
Before my time is gone,
Is to hear the words
"I love you, Mom."



I Would Die For That
By:Kellie Coffey

Jenny was my best friend.
Went away one summer.
Came back with a secret
She just couldn't keep.
A child inside her,
Was just too much for her
So she cried herself to sleep.

And she made a decision
Some find hard to accept.
Too young to know that one day
She might live to regret.

But I would die for that.
Just to have one chance
To hold in my hands
All that she had.
I would die for that.

I've been given so much,
A husband that I love.
So why do I feel incomplete?
With every test and checkup
We're told not to give up.
He wonders if it's him.
And I wonder if it's me.

All I want is a family,
Like everyone else I see.
And I won't understand it
If it's not meant to be.

Cause I would die for that.
Just to have one chance
To hold in my hands
All that they have.
I would die for that.

And I want to know what it's like
To bring a dream to life.
For that kind of love,
What I'd give up!
I would die for that.

Sometimes it's hard to conceive,
With all that I've got,
And all I've achieved,
What I want most
Before my time is gone,
Is to hear the words
"I love you, Mom."

I would die for that.
Just to have one chance
To hold in my hands
What so many have
I would die for that.

And I want to know what it's like
To bring a dream to life.
How I would love
What some give up.
I would die ...
I would die for that.


13 comments:

Rocks said...

naiyak ako :( minsan gusto ko
na lang kalimutan na gusto kong mgaka baby..pero....

maanne said...

that was touching sis! promise naiyak ako, nakarelate kc me e!
i hope this year will bring joy!

god bless!

arlene said...

@rocks - naiyak din ako at patuluy pa din naiiyak everytime i listen to the song (which is everyday, lol).

@maane - sobrang relate talaga..

for us all... yes, this year will be OUR year! :)

popcorn said...

Thanks for sharing this song. Nakakalungkot :(

Sana magkababy na tayo.

jeanny said...

Hi sis. This is lovely. Thanks for sharing :)

Heart of Rachel said...

That's so touching. Thanks for sharing.

AiDiSan said...

Jo, I listened to the song and it gave me goosebumps. Sometimes life's not fair ne?

I V Y said...

sis nakakaiyak naman to!

pero sana this year tayo naman.

nahj12 said...

dont worry sis.. datang ya din. .try and try. .:)

Mich said...

sis, this is so touching! i was in tears!

Mye said...

i want to cry!!! huwaaaahhh!!! in God's time.......

Food said...

mangapagaga ku. sabi ku nandin i won't listen to it, but after a while, belikan ke ing post mu. im even trying to download it on limewire right now. and then im reading all the comments and im like, "hindi pala ako nag-iisa", i don't know if i should be relieved or even more sad. :(

p.s. glad to have found you again. stopped work ups with co-sy muna but consulting with some other doctor. im back to Clomid and just about to start my second cycle for this year. AF should arrive within 2 days, I'm no longer counting on it not to show up because she always does anyway. sigh...

arlene said...

@ Food - yes, you just have to feel relieved.. enaka pa magpakasad:) i was about to feel sober a few days back since a kababata just IMed me and she mentioned na she's now pregnant (after 5 or 6 yrs). dati, i would feel sad and inggit pero parang that won't help naman kaya let's just be happy for those who get pregnant and remain hopeful for us who are still trying.


we are no longer doing work ups na din.. good for you and you are still trying. don't lose hope, please!!! sana if you get pregnant you still leave some messages here in my blog. i'll really appreciate that :)

sorry ha, i am no longer writing much about infertility here. it is actually one of my new year's resolutions... if i should write something about it, i want it to be a happy one na. :)

let's be positive that this year would be our year!! :)