Saturday, November 8, 2008

What's for Lunch?

If there is one thing that I get to love since we do not have a helper currently, it is having to cook lunch or dinner during the weekends. Just like today, I get to cook our lunch. We had baby back pork ribs (ala Racks, heheh) and potatoes with herbs.

I was really digging the Internet yesterday for the perfect recipe of a tender baby back rib but unfortunately, all ingredients that they used are not in our pantry. So the solution is to invent my own marinade. I used oyster sauce, ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, oregano, olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce and red wine. I marinated the slab of baby back ribs last night and boiled it in the marinade in the morning. Then broiled it but since we do not have an oven yet, I used the turbo broiler. I am actually afraid that the ribs would not be tender and juicy since I am not using an oven. Luckily, that did not happen.

Here is the finished product - I am somehow proud of this attempt to cook ribs without following any recipe. It was a success after all the experimenting - oh well, this is according to my husband. :)


Then I cooked potatoes with herbs as a side dish for the baby back ribs.


I know, this blog is becoming a food blog. But I don't really mind. After all, food is my passion!

3 comments:

Mich said...

sis, this looks really yummy!

Eya said...

I kinda like this, try ko din. heheh

AiDiSan said...

Aba Jo, pang fine dining ing arrive ning baby back ribs mu, it's like ordering one from Maranao Grill. Paki share ing recipe with matching measurement and when did you buy the meat? Waiting...