Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Got Drugged, Got Tired but Not Giving Up

It has been ages since I wrote about our work ups. I would be fooling myself if I would say that we were just okay after the failed IUI. So I just sulked and nursed my frustrations. And finally, we decided that we just have to stop with the medications.

Got Drugged...

I felt like my body is full of medicines. There are oral medications and injectibles that were given to me for the past months. Though I know that the real and primary reason for taking them is to have a baby, somehow I am also afraid of the side effects that come along with these drugs. After the oral contraceptive that was prescribed to me, I want to detoxify and flush the chemicals that got into my body.

Got Tired...

I know this happened not just once, it happened to me twice now. When I get tired, I know I just have to rest. I am not speaking about having to rest with the work ups. My body just got to rest so that I am more prepared to the next journey.

but Not Giving Up...

Definitely, we are not giving up just yet! Our OB mentioned something about IVF. Though we can still opt for IUI, our OB is giving us this option, too. Financially speaking, we would need to save up for this one - REALLY save up. We got the figure for the cost for my age but again, this is something that needs to be planned.

We are NOT giving up. Every month we still try without the aid of science and medicines. And what is good about this, is that, there is less pressure and less expectations. We believe that it is still the Creator who would make us instruments in bringing life in this world.

8 comments:

AiDiSan said...

Take it easy Jo. God will give it to you, in His time.

betya72 said...

hi there . .been reading your blog for a while . .we are on the same boat. happily married for 3 years,after 6 months of being married, we started our fertility work-ups and still with no luck ...don't worry, our time will come when God will grant the desires of our heart

mari said...

in His time sis... gasgas pero true...

usually 'they' come when you least expect them naman :)

CoLine said...

dear, never give up. just trust God, leave it to him and he'll take care of it. Ü

maanne said...

sis, hardships comes but the best thing that we can do is to have strong faith!

god speed!

Jesse Pega said...

Hi there!

I can also relate to your case sis. We've been married for 6 years now, started work-up after one year of marriage, three years of work-up still no baby. I took a rest from all the medications but we plan to see again my OB next year. I'm sure that God has a plan for us and I have faith in Him that He will grant us our most cherished wish soon. Good Luck and keep the faith :)

Arlene Tabamo said...

@aidisan- thanks, jo! :)

@betya72- thanks for being an inspiration... baby dust to you! :)

@mari - mare, thanks so much for the encouragement! have a safe pregnancy and enjoy your little princess :)

@coline - thanks for the visit and thanks as well for the encouragement :)

@maane - thanks sister! good luck din sa inyo. :)

@jesse - sis kami din hopefully next year ready na ulit.. it feels good to know that we're not alone in this battle. thanks :)

Mich said...

hi sis, you're right, surrender everything to God and He will do the rest! ;)

i miss your posts!