Sunday, August 31, 2008

We got the answers LOUD and CLEAR

When you are in love it is very common that every song on the radio is like being dedicated to you. Oh well, I felt that then when I was riding in the clouds of being hopelessly romantic and felt that too when my heart got broken.It's a strange feeling, right?

Just this morning this happened to me (us). Of course, we did not feel that the song on the radio is being dedicated to us. We felt that the homily of the priest in the Holy Mass is being directed straight at us. I am a believer but I was not really so vocal with my beliefs and admittedly, I am not a regular Church goer. There are some Sundays that we don't attend masses. But I strongly believe in God and have a great fear in the Lord.

We are trying to make a big changing decision in our life right now and somehow we feel that we are extremely being blinded of the road ahead us (anyway, everything is really uncertain). We even have some questions that we are asking ourselves and asking God for the real reasons (which should not be). Today, God has thrown those answers straight on our face that for the first time, I cried during the homily of the priest (I am a cry baby but not in a mass unless it is a recollection or a wedding of a special friend or relative). We got the answers and signs loud and clear in that 1 hour of attending the mass. God really has His way of making us feel His Presence in the most unexpected way. Hubby even mentioned "He could not text nor email us but He knows the right channel on how to tell us".

I rarely talk about Him but that experience earlier made me write this. I'll end this post by sharing this that I got from the prayer book (my mom in law's) that I (accidentally) found in our book shelf last week.

The Road Ahead

MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does, in fact, please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though, I may know nothing about it.

Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

7 comments:

Mye said...

HE really has an answer! Praise GOD!
Have a nice week ahead, sis!

Mye said...

http://cutiemye.blogspot.com/2008/09/to-5-special-people.html

got an award for you, sis!=) take care

Mich said...

well said sis! thanks for sharing this beautiful prayer! :)

jody said...

very touching post sis! I hope that whatever you are going through, all things are based with God's blessing! God Bless!

liliann_haze said...

All the actions we do or are going to do are know and seen by the God. He looks at us, feel sympathy for us, is happy with us and only God can judge our actions. Only God can punish or award us as we deserve it.

AiDiSan said...

Jo, this is a very touching post. sometimes we just have to stop & contemplate to listen and understand the plan/s that God has/have for us.

Btw...got an award for you Jo...it's called I like your blog award...check my blog.

Beverly said...

grab ko mare ha..ganda. naiyak ako.