Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happily Hitched for 7 Years

Yes, we just celebrated our 7th year wedding anniversary last August 24. If we were blessed early with a child, we now have a pre-schooler, but that would be a totally different story then. So given as it is now, we are still blessed that we surpassed those 7 years (and I hope that 7 years itch too-if there is really such a thing) even without those kids that would "tighten" that bond in our marriage. Of course, not once did I hear couples saying "Kung di lang sa mga anak namin...". So now I feel lucky that we both stick with each other not because of a kid that we might have but because we LOVE each other. Kami lang talaga through those years. (Oh di ba me mabuting bunga ang pagiging infertile, kidding!)

Oh well you might think that our relationship is close to being perfect. Nope, it was not also easy for us. We also had that share of those fights - serious fights, very, very serious fights, petty fights, jokes that led to fights, petty one that led to very serious fights or what other fights you might think of. We had those but luckily and thanks to God, we made it and we are still struggling each day to surpass whatever circumstance we have on hand - remember, we still have a big battle that we need to win -- together.

So how did we celebrate it?

I was planning a Tagaytay or Subic Getaway but I think that was not meant to happen that weekend. I got really sick - boooo! But anyway, honey woke me up with a kiss and a sweet greetings. Then we just stayed at home and in bed getting ample of rest since I was really not feeling well. There was not even a grand lunch or dinner - just the ordinary.

I felt a little better(or so I think) the day after, so I decided that we go to the hospital for check up. I felt so weak that we decided to have my check up at the nearest hospital instead of Angeles University Foundation Hospital. I still have fever so hubby decided that we go grab a bite first and go home right away. Again, without thinking anymore, we decided to have our lunch at Luk Foo, a Cantonese restaurant near us. We just had Cold Cuts platter (we love the seaweeds and century egg combi), steamed fish with eggplant and yang chow rice(not in the picture).


Then before going home, we dropped by Red Ribbon to buy our anniversary cake. We got dulce de leche cake.

our anniversary cake

The moment we got home, I went to our bed again- my body aches. We ate our cake during the night. My tita yaya took a photo of us with the cake before slicing it but I am not posting it here (I am in my sleepwear with baggy eyes, swollen nose and flyaway hair: now imagine that- hay I hate being sick!).

Though we did not really had a celebration, still we are happy that we have each other. And though life is not perfect for us - we can proudly say that we are happily hitched for 7 years now!

9 comments:

NiQ said...

Happy 7th Year!!! Wow! I salute all couples who can be able to surpass any challenges in life and still their bond remains so strong.. You have a wonderful life sis, life only gets better each year. :) Cheers!

Wapsicle said...

Belated Happy Anniv! Congratulations! :-)

-- val of Big Eyed Gal

Rocks said...

belated happy anniversary to you and your hubby, this post is kinda inspiring sis :) thank you for sharing,we're only on our 2nd year of marriage and TTC too, i hope we remain as strong as ever like u!

Mye said...

happy anniversary ulit Arlene! wow, 7 years! congrats! =)

ivy said...

happy anniversary sister!

get well!

popcorn said...

Hi Arlene!

Happy Anniversary!

Jean

maanne said...

ey sis, belated happy anniv...
sis we share the same date of wedding anniv. we we're married in civil last aug. 24 din... so happy wedding anniv saten...

cheers

AiDiSan said...

kanyaman naman ing anniversary food yu Jo. i hope you are well now otherwise mitambakan kang bucket...LOL

ann veronique said...

hi, i was just browsing around the net and found your blog. we are on the same boat. my hubby and i are 2 years ttc.. and we are doing a series of fertility work ups with a new OB.i have been given clostil too.. i just want you to know that you are not alone. there are many couples who are like us, struggling and trying to cope with a baby-less marriage. its really hard. you have a great blog. keep it up.