Sunday, July 6, 2008

The week after hysteroscopy...

Last Thursday was the first check up after my hysteroscopy. I am actually worried since I have getting light bleeding even after a week. I read that it's just normal to experience this but still it bothers me since I know that I would be prone to infection as long as there is still bleeding or spotting. Also I am supposed to be ovulating on this day since it is my day 13, so you should know by now what I am really worried about.

Anyway, I mentioned this to my OB and she said it's just alright. We did an ultrasound to check if I have eggs. Unfortunately, there was no sign of ovulation. Probably my system got stressed with the whole procedure that is why even if I took Femara, I did not ovulate. What is also surprising (which got me worried big time) is that my ultrasound showed my right fallopian tube clearly. You can see those finger like structures of the fallopian tube. My OB said that this is not good since our tubes should not be seen in an ordinary ultrasound. So this means that my right fallopian tube might be swelling. But she said that since my hysterosonography showed 2 patent tubes then there is no need to worry. She tried to double check it but then the second time, the tube hide and she could no longer see it in the ultrasound.

So our IUI is scheduled not until my next cycle. Our game plan right now includes stopping the bleeding with Progynova and regulating my hormones by taking Duphaston 2x a day. Also, starting my next cycle, we would go for injectibles and IUI. So on my third day, I need to have the FSH test to check if I still have good quantity and quality of eggs left.

This means then one thing - July is not the baby month for us since my system down there got shaken with the whole procedure and need to recuperate for a month so that we can go back to normal programing (haha!).

2 comments:

maanne said...

hi sis, thanks for passin' by... how u feeling now after the procedure? sna mwala n ung bleeding/spotting...
yay, nominee din pla ang hubby mo for best actor, hihihi! pro syempre nobody beats our dramas...
take care!

NiQ said...

Soon I'll see you wearing your preggy dresses.. :) I'm always praying for you. I know that's what you and your hubby have always wanted. Just keep the faith and you will be blessed. :)