Monday, July 7, 2008

Stay Healthy

Niq, a good friend of mine once told me that carrot juice is really healthy. I was easily convinced so earlier, I did my own carrot juice. At first I thought that it tastes yucky but once I took a gulp of it, it's yummy! So here is how I prepared my own carrot juice.

What you need:

  • 5 medium or big carrots
  • water
  • a little sugar
  • blender
  • strainer
~Peel and clean the carrots. Cut them into small pieces.
~Put the carrots in the blender with water and sugar. Blend the mixture.
~Strain the juice while putting in a container. Set aside the pulp.
~Using a cheesecloth, get the juice out of the pulp. Add water if necessary.
~Chill and enjoy your homemade carrot juice. This makes 4 to 5 glasses of nutritious carrot juice.

my homemade carrot juice:


Of course, the process is easier if you have the juicer (we don't have one). It shows that carrot juice is indeed a good inclusion in our healthy daily diet. It has beta-carotene, Vit. A, E, B, C, D and K. Just look at that - it's complete enough to keep you healthy!

One thing that also struck me the most is its capability to help in reproduction. It was said that it helps in overcoming sterility - teehee! Now, you know why I was easily convinced to drink carrot juice!

2 comments:

NiQ said...

Huwaww, it's nice to see my name here.. You can also add orange juice to make it extra tasty. ;)

Arlene Tabamo said...

will try that soon, niq :)