Saturday, July 19, 2008

My New Pen

This would be my constant companion for 8 days.




We had our check up last Friday and my OB already gave me injectibles. I would be injecting 75iu of Gonal-F each day on my abdomen. I was really so scared when she told me that I would do that myself. Good thing, this pen is easy to manage and it is using a very thin needle. I tried it earlier and surely I can do it by myself! I am so proud of this (as in!) since I am really scared of needles and injections. (Way to go Arlene! hahaha)

My FSH serum test shows that I am at level 8 that is why my Gonal-F dosage is about higher than the normal 50iu (this is for level 7 and lower). The higher the FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) level, the higher would be the dosage for the injectibles. What is funny (and shocking at the same time) was when we are already asking them for my bill. Ate Lyn (the assistant) computed the PF (professional fee) and the 600 iu Gonal-F alone and gave me a whooping total of almost the same amount when I got confined for my hysteroscopy! Coincidence?! Golly, I was really so speechless but hubby said no need to compute. Money can never outweigh the joy of having a baby - DEFINITELY!

Also hubby is done with his test, too. Oh well, we are really a millionaire in that aspect (haha) but we need to work on the liquification. Robitussin Guaifenesin is the answer for that. Next OB appointment is on July 26 to check if I have produced good eggs. IUI will be scheduled then depending on the size of those eggs.

8 comments:

ivy said...

hi arlene!!! baby dust to you!!

i am amazed how optimistic you are. Prayers will help a lot.

mari said...

way to go mare... lahat kayang-kaya, basta para kay baby :)

we're constantly including you in our prayers. konti na lang yan :)

popcorn said...

Good luck :) We'll be praying for your success.

Mich said...

sis, hats off ako sa tapang mo, grabe takot din ako sa needles sobra! God bless sa inyo and keep us posted ;)

Eds said...

Grabe sis, hindi ba masakit! Sa itsura plang ng injectibles na yan nakakatakot na... hayyy... dapat tlga dumating na si baby this year para masulit lahat ng hirap at pasakit hehhehehe :) { pang tele-novela ba? }

Ay! basta go na go na yan sis! go for the baby sis! hihhi :)

godbless!

maanne said...

ouch! ur one tough girl...
pain is nothing kung ang kapalit nman is a bouncing baby... go sis, carry mo yan...

always pray...

Arlene Tabamo said...

@ivy - thanks sis! i am trying to be optimistic about this plight or else naku baka bumigay lang ako.. yes prayers are still the best! :)

@mari - oo naman kayang kaya yan! lapit na lang eh.. abot kamay ko na to! hihih

@popcorn - thanks! :)

@mich - thanks, thanks sis! nagtatapang tapangan lang ako kasi iniisip ko na lang ung magkakababy din ako after this. :)

@eds - ung unang pagturok lang nung needle sis pero buti na lang as in manipis ung needle so carry naman sya.. i bet sis, sulit talaga to! :)

@maane - di naman so ouch sis so carry sya talaga, buti na lang! :) and syempre i am thinking of a baby everytime na ini-inject ko na sarili ko :)

alpha said...

go go go arlene! just continue to pray.