Monday, July 7, 2008

Monthly Expenses

Okay, I have seen this with other blogger friends and I thought of doing it myself. I am one worry freak when it comes to budgeting and that is why I keep a notebook for our expenses as well as other cash flows. I know I need to be somewhat techie and use excel but I just love doing it the traditional way. So here is mine.

How many sq meters is your place, and how many people live there?
It's small about 96 sq meters. Hubby, I and my Yaya Tita live in this small and homey place. Sometimes hubby's grandma stays with us

How much is your electricity bill monthly? Water?
Normally our electricity is around 2,000 to 3,000 a month. As you know we just stay at our house during the night since we are both working. Aircon is from 6 pm to 6 am during weekdays and almost 24 hours during weekends.
Water bill pegs at around 350 per month. It's cheap and I love it!

Other utilities?
Amortization- 5,000
Internet and Cable - We have a package that includes 2 TV for cable and Internet connection at 1,100 per month. This is the reason we dumped Smart Bro - we saved 500 pesos with this package.
Mobile Phone Loads - I average around 300 to 500 per month. Hubby has a plan and the company is the one paying for it. But sometimes he exceeds the plan and we are shelling out an additional 1,000.
Drinking Water - 300 to 500
Gas/Fuel - Hubby's company pays for it (12,000) but sometimes this is not enough so we allocate an additional 2,000.
LPG - This is 680 for 1.5 to 2 months.
Tita Yaya - 2,500 to 3,000 (This includes my manicure and pedicure. She is the one doing that now)
Basurero - 50 a month

Hubby's food allowance - 5,000 per month
Arlene's food allowance - 2,000 per month (Our company is giving us free meal (breakfast and lunch). That budget is just for afternoon snacks)

Groceries/ market?
Groceries - I usually do this twice a month and totals around 6,000 to 7,000. This includes snacks, some meat, breakfast stuffs, toiletries. I wonder how much would this be if we are already buying diapers and infant milk?
Market - Since we are buying meat from the supermarket, the budget for this is round 3,000 per month.

Other expenses:

Of course, every once in awhile we dine out, watch movies and do some shopping.

Then we also have credit cards. We bought some appliances and other gadgets. That is why I am thinking of a debt reduction to consolidate these payables. Do you think that is a bright idea?

Also the expense which get a big pie in our chart of expenses is our work ups. Remember we just had a procedure done and that involves a day confinement. Being confined in the hospital is like an overnight stay in a 6-star hotel. They rob you that fast!

No comments: