Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fertility Update

I thought I would just have 8 shots of 75 iu of Gonal F like I mentioned here. But was I mistaken! Last Saturday, we went to my OB for my follicle monitoring. I had 2 follicles on my left ovary but they are not mature yet. So my OB asked me to have another shot of Gonal-F - that would be my 9th shot. Then at 4am of the following day, I need to inject Ovidrel so that the follicles will rapture just in time for the scheduled IUI (intrauterine insemination) on Monday night.

Of course, we were so diligent in following all my Ob's instructions. We badly need a baby that's why. :) Then yesterday, hubby and I didn't go to work. We conditioned ourselves for the IUI that would happen at 8 that night. We were at the clinic at around 5:30 pm since the collection would happen at 6 pm. The med tech came and gave us the instruction about the collection. I would not give details about that part anymore... or else I would get banned with the MRTCB! (haha)

As soon as the med tech was done with the cleansing, she called our OB. They prepared me on the bed with the stirrups. My OB first checked if the follicles have raptured. Good thing they did and that water is already in my uterus. Also the endometrium lining is quite thick now. So there, as easy as I imagined, the IUI was done in less than 20 minutes. They made me lie down for about 15 more minutes while my OB explained to us what transpired.

She said that the procedure done looked okay. Should we miss on this, then she would do exactly the same thing but then we would just change the medicine that would be used. Other than that, everything was simply fine. We just have to wait for 2 weeks and if I do not have my period yet by that time then I need to shop for more pregnancy tests.

By the way, my OB gave me folic acid. She said that we need that to prevent neural defects for our future baby. And she was smiling when she said "future baby" giving us high hopes. She was quite excited too and she even wanted to do a second ultrasound after the procedure just to check on what happen there. But she said that that would not help me and that is just for her curiosity. Would there be a baby Tabamo come August? Let's wait and see...

Again, we leave everything in God's hands... We are just faithful followers of His will...

8 comments:

AiDiSan said...

Jo,

Sana apin na yan. Tiis tiis pa.

jane said...

i hope you get your ultimate wish soon!

Mich said...

sis, ok nga yang folic acid for the future baby :) i will pray for you sis!

Arlene Tabamo said...

@aidisan - wapin jo sana ini na. :)

@jane - thanks jane

@mich - thanks sis. yup sabi nga nila for expectant palang dapat mag take na ng folic acid.

Beverly said...

Good luck and God bless Arlene!!

ivy said...

hi sis! folic acid is very good. I take it every day as a prep for pregnancy.

baby dust!

maanne said...

sis, good luck and keep the faith!this is it, malapit na talga ung moment... stay happy and stres free!!!

God bless!

mari said...

mare, we're keeping our fingers (and toes) cross for you. more prayers pa :) ito na yun...