Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Let's Talk About .... Food!

If there is one thing in this world that I would not grow tired of talking about-- that would be FOOD! Last Sunday, which was also my birthday, we went to Pangasinan to hear mass at the Shrine of the Lady of Manaoag. And as you know when you go to a place, the first thing that you would think of is the attraction/s in these provinces and next is the specialty (food).

In the Philippines, we just have so many food specialties per province. In Pangasinan, there is tupig, bangus Dagupan, pigar pigar and puto Calasiao. My husband was really looking forward to eat pigar pigar. It is beef thinly sliced seasoned with salt and deep fried. He wanted the authentic one being served in the local palengke but we didn’t pass by the palengke anymore since pigar pigar is served at early morning. So instead, we went to Calasiao for my puto. I really love this bite-size puto from Calasiao. They are just so moist and delicious! We bought puto and kutsinta for P60 per kilo.

Calasiao Puto amd Kutsinta

The original plan was actually to have lunch at Isdaan in Gerona, Tarlac. But since we went ahead to Calasiao, we drive straight to Camiling and then Tarlac City. We would no longer pass by Gerona – no Isdaan adventure for me. Instead, we had late lunch at Coconut Grill in Tarlac. They actually serve the authentic “killer” food like – chicharon bulaklak, crispy pata, kare-kare, lechon and grilled sea foods, pork, chicken, etc. One thing that caught my attention was their pansit buco. It was my first time to hear such dish so we ordered it. It is actually shredded coconut sautéed in oyster sauce with vegetable. It was served in the coconut shell and it was yummy! We took home what is left but hubby requested to take it home with the same presentation (with the coconut shell daw).

Pansit Buco

From Pangasinan to Tarlac, now I am going down to Bulacan. Hubby’s itinerary for the week includes spending 2 days in Bulacan. So yesterday, he reported to their office in Malolos and I requested for a pasalubong. Guess what would that be? It’s Eurobake Original Inipit! I just love this bread with custard filling. Hubby brought home inipit with ube flavor. This is quite different with the original one but I certainly love it, too.


Eurobake Inipit

And today, he still needs to report to their Bulacan office and he promised me that he would bring home Bulacan ensaymada. I can’t wait! Oh, I just looooove talking about food! :)

8 comments:

Mich said...

wow sis ang sarap mag-food trip ano? kainggit ka naman! ako pingttyagaan ko na lang ung inipit na nabibili sa grocery eh.lol!

milet said...

ginutom ako dun ah!

jana said...

sarap naman nya kahit purot kutchinta lang akin solve na ako....

AiDiSan said...

aba Jo, food galore na naman drama yung papa voks...sana magdala kang inipit king office nung atin pa...lol.

Happy birthday:)

Mina said...

Len, I tagged you: Check the post Tag along: The Fun Part of Blogging.

Big Eyed Gal said...

Hey belated happy birthday! Grabe nagutom ako sa post na to. ;-)

I love Inipit!

maanne said...

sis, nagutom nman me while reading your post! all of sudden n miss ko pinas... yummy ng foods!
take care!

Sakai said...

i love inipit...