Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trying to Conceive 101

I (that means me minus hubby) went to the OB for the start of a brand new work up. Hubby has an important appointment - he could not just cancel that this time but that is very much ok with me. As I said in my previous post, we would start back at zero and go through another work up with a new OB gynecologist. You see I was quite prepared this time. I got to the hospital at 10:45 am and then checked my number. I make it a point to call before the actual check up so that I would get a good slot (a.k.a. palista). When I saw that the doctor is not yet there, I ate my brunch and headed quickly back to the hospital. I think it was my lucky day! After 3 or 4 patients, I already heard my name being called by the secretary, Ate Zen (o diba we're close! heheh).

So as expected, I was prescribed to take fertility pills. I was actually expecting Clomid but this time I need to take 1 tablet of Clostil in the morning and another one in the evening for 5 days. It has actually the same generic name as Clomid - Clomiphene Citrate. So basically, they work the same way. Also, hubby needs to repeat his laboratory test as well. Next check up is on the 13th and that is of course the fertile period. We need to see then lots and lots of eggs on my ovaries during the ultrasound.

Just today, I realize that if my fertile period will be next week and we hit it jackpot, our baby will be one of those many November babies -- thanks to Valentine's Day! These babies were all made during this day. lolz

4 comments:

AiDiSan said...

Hi Jo,

I really hope a jakpatan yune this time...hehehe.

Patience is a virtue. God will bless you with a child in His time.

Keep waiting and keep trying.

mari said...

may the baby dust reach you na nga :)

as ever, i'll join you in your prayers. goodluck sa ating lahat :)

thanks sa award. i'll post it later!

cez said...

goodluck and i hope everything goes well. sana nga time nyo na :)

have faith!

Jeanne said...

good luck and have a great weekend