Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Boracay Escapade - Day 1

As you know, I am so excited for this trip. I have to admit that it was my first time to ride on a plane so I was so delighted like a child (see my eyes twinkle?) with that in mind. We personally chose to go with Seair for convenience. I just do not want to travel all the way to Manila when there is a way to fly from Pampanga (Clark is just 20 to 30 minutes away from our home).


We were booked for the flight at 9 AM on November 1 but 3 days before the scheduled date, they called to tell us that that flight was canceled and we were transferred to the 3:30 PM flight. Do we have a choice, right? Pero sayang talaga kasi ung time. Anyway, at 4pm on November 1, we were aboard on a 19 sitter aircraft. The first time I saw the plane, it's like - "oh my! is this a plane or a bus with wings!(sounds like a napkin commercial-lols!)". Hay, I was so nervous (I was praying nonstop) but you know what, my husband was the opposite. He was so, so happy. He is adventurous and he feels like this one is really a great experience. And since the plane is so small, you will really feel every movement and hear the aircraft motor roaring. Good thing pala Hubby loves reading about aircrafts and he is a frustrated pilot - big time. So it was just when he mentioned that the owner of Seair are the Dorniers and they are one of the well known people in aircraft, that I finally felt a tinge of relief during the flight. You see, the vacation really started with a great adventure, sa plane palang panalo na! lols.



We reached Caticlan in whole- no broken fingers whatsoever but with just one of a kind plane ride experience added to our "escapades". heheh!

The moment we checked in the hotel (that was about past 6 pm na), we just arranged our stuffs and headed to the beach. We need to maximize the time for our first day. The sight of the beach was really breathtaking.







And since we were already hungry, we had dinner at where else but at....




The main dish came first than the drinks :)


Hon tried their shrimp with coconut while I tried their grilled blue marlin (no pic for that)

Of course, after dinner, it's my turn to have a taste of dessert made in Boracay. We headed at D Mall to check out Lemoni Cafe. I ordered their blueberry cheesecake and cappuccino and hubby had espresso.



We were supposed to go back to the hotel first to change for our first night out in Boracay. But we were both amazed with the bars that are scattered in the shoreline of the island. Then we spotted Boom Boom bar. We stayed there and tried their cocktails and loved it! Probably, it was also because of the ambiance and the acoustic band. It's just the best place to unwind, relax and enjoy our first gimik night. :)




We ended the night at around 11 pm. We want to wake up early for our second day. We know that the beach is lovelier in the morning.

(to be continued, syempre)

No comments: