Thursday, September 27, 2007

reminiSCENT

What's my title again for this post? Oh yes, it's "reminiSCENT". I am trying to invent a word here. I know that reminiscent could mean evocative but for this post reminiSCENT has another meaning. Well, at least that’s for my point of view. :)

Let me try to explain it though the best I could.

Actually, this has something to do with my recent purchase. I love perfumes but I seldom buy one for myself. Actually, now that I think about it I could not even remember buying a perfume in my 27 years not until yesterday. Well, do not think that since it's the first time that I grab a bottle of perfume for myself, it would be the expensive one. Nope, I am still the same person who weighs things first before spending a cent. There had been so many instances that I was about to buy one but I always backed out. Probably because I know a friend or a relative will give me anyway. That's how I get to wear great scents and not pull out a cent out of my pocket(kuripot talga). But this is not the case yesterday. I have for myself that scent that brings back the older (and happy) days.

Here is what I bought:




Yep, it's a Colors Perfume by Benetton. It may not be the very expensive and popular perfume but it is the very first perfume that my mother bought us(my sister and I both got one) way way back on our high school years. I still remember vividly that we were in Duty Free in Clark, my sister and I were just trying to check on the perfumes in the stall (but we were both sure then that we would still go home empty handed)and suddenly my mother asked if we want to buy one - this is really unusual. And of course, you could just imagine those eyes twinkling with delight. Also, do you remember that when you are a girl and you have a sister, you have to share most(or all?) of your things with each other? I thought that that would still be the case then but we got a special promo - buy one take one! Imagine, we were sharing almost anything. Not that I am really complaining now but I bet you know how that feels way back then. And since there was this twist, we were really happy then.

So for me buying this Colors perfume is more than just wearing that fresh and classic scent. This scent transports me back to the days that I(as an adolescent) felt genuine happiness with just a bottle of perfume. And it transports me back to the days that I know that I felt simple joys together with the two of the most important women in my life now - my sister and my mother.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

ngee..naiyak ako sa blog mo. hehe.

Arlene said...

hi bevs! thanks for dropping by. wala, i just missed my mom and my sister kasi, kaya yan..heheh :)