Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nature and Beauty Advocate

I am not really the environmental-friendly person – probably it is really my husband. I remember their mountaineering mantra “leave only footprints, take only pictures”. So from there, Vox is a certified nature lover! And I am not – not much…But then, when we are on our way to Obando, Bulacan, I can’t help but observe how the rivers and ponds are greatly polluted. You can really see dirt and other things floating in the river. The water is not even clear – it’s muddy brown. I felt sad since along the way, even if it didn’t rain some places in Bulacan are flooded. Maybe I feel for this people – I grew in a place where it floods during rainy days (at least during this season only) and I would not want to experience that again. I just thought that probably, it is now Mother Nature taking its toll on us for taking her for granted. So, so, so sad!

And I don’t know if this has something to do with the latest purchase I had online. Am I turning into a nature and environmental conscious individual? I actually stumbled upon the site of Ilog Maria and as I read their site, I could not help but love to try their pure organic beauty products. Yep, no chemical is added to these products and they are made from honey, flowers and herbs that are growing in their honeybee farm. Got their honey face scrub, propolis bath salt with lavender, soap and moisturizer. So, probably I am indeed in the transition of becoming an advocate for nature. But really, I have never been so happy receiving a package of organic beauty products!

Yes, deep inside me, I am really concerned with our environment now, especially with the radical changes and numerous natural calamities that we are experiencing. It frightens me – what else would be left to my kids? Would they still appreciate the beauty of green scenery? And as for the beauty products, I am still crossing my fingers that they would be the solution to my problematic skin type – blame it to my father’s genes! Urgh!

No comments: